West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
WC³ is looking to fill a Plan Review Engineer opening in Southern California. The Plan Review Engineer is an experienced engineer position. Candidates will be responsible for reviewing drawings, calculations, soils reports, and other construction documents involving single family, multi-family and commercial construction to insure compliance with applicable building codes, design standards, and structural requirements. Candidates must communicates orally and in writing to clients, applicants and other staff, and may prepare valuations for permit fees. It is expected that continual training will take place and encouraged to continue to receive more ICC certifications.
This position is looking to be filled remotely and reporting to Management operating from the Irvine Regional Office.
- Experience in engineering, structural design or plan review is preferred.
- Having passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred but not required.
- Those having a state-issued Professional Engineering (PE) license or Structural Engineering (SE) license have preference.
- International Code Council (ICC) plan review certifications is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of electronics, Microsoft Office Suite, and of Bluebeam software is preferred.
- Plan Review
- Be able to read plans and other construction documents.
- Preforms structural reviews of construction documents in order to determine compliance with structural requirements and some local regulations.
- Writes letters of deficiencies always being able to reference the pertaining codes and standards.
- Letters will need to be detailed and accurate.
- Often communicates with project owners and design teams about deficiencies and solutions.
- Must keep accurate records and logs of plan review status and completion of projects.
- May occasionally visit construction sites to see different phases and methods of construction.
- Physical Demands
- Most work will be completed in an office setting sitting or standing for long periods. Majority of work will be at a computer.
- It is encouraged to obtain ICC plan review certifications and continual education.
- Make special efforts to promote good will in the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- $40 – $65 / Hour, depends upon experience
- *Lower levels of engineers may be considered for this position.
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC3) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.