West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC3) is currently seeking an experienced Civil or Structural Engineer to perform plan review services on behalf of company’s jurisdictional clients. Candidates will be responsible for reviewing drawings, calculations, soils reports, and other construction documents involving single family, multi-family and commercial construction to insure compliance with applicable building codes, design standards, and structural requirements. Communicates orally and in writing to clients, applicants and other staff. Typically reports to Supervising Engineer. May prepare valuations for permit fees. It is expected that continual training will take place and encouraged to continue to receive more ICC certifications.
This is an open position, available to be filled in either our Layton or Sandy Regional Office locations in Utah.
- Must possess a 4-year degree in engineering.
- Having passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred but not required.
- Experience in structural design or plan review is preferred.
- International Code Council (ICC) plan review certifications is preferred.
- Those having a state-issued Structural Engineering (SE) license have preference.
- Must have basic knowledge of electronics, Microsoft Office Suite, and of Bluebeam software is preferred.
- Plan Review
- Be able to read plans and other construction documents.
- Preforms structural reviews of construction documents in order to determine compliance with structural requirements and some local regulations.
- Writes letters of deficiencies always being able to reference the pertaining codes and standards.
- Letters will need to be detailed and accurate.
- Often communicates with project owners and design teams about deficiencies and solutions.
- Must keep accurate records and logs of plan review status and completion of projects.
- May occasionally visit construction sites to see different phases and methods of construction.
- It is encouraged to obtain ICC plan review certifications and continual education.
- Make special efforts to promote good will in the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands – Most work will be completed in an office setting sitting or standing for long periods. Majority of work will be at a computer. Occasionally there may be visits to construction sites that consist of may hazards and would require a high degree of attentions and caution.
- Job requires the ability to drive.
$75k – $105k annually / depends on experience
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment