West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
Plan Examiner I is an entry level plan review position. Will be responsible for reviewing plans and other construction documents involving single family, multi-family and minor commercial construction to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and ordinances. Will prepare comment letters and communicate deficiencies to applicants, design teams, and jurisdictions. May prepare valuations for permit fees. It is expected that continual training will take place and encouraged to continue to receive more ICC certifications. This position is looking to be filled from either of our Layton or Sandy Regional Offices in Utah.
- Must have a 4-year degree in construction related field or equal number of years of construction work experience with a basic knowledge of construction methods.
- Plan review experience is not required but preferred.
- ICC plan review certifications are not required but preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of electronics and Microsoft Office Suite. Must possess proficient writing skills.
- Plan Review
- Be able to read plans and other construction documents.
- Preforms reviews of construction documents in order to determine compliance with building codes and some local regulations.
- Puts together letters of deficiencies always being able to reference the pertaining code form the ICC code books.
- Often communicates with project owners and design teams about deficiencies and solutions.
- Must keep accurate records and logs of plan review status and completion of projects.
- May occasionally visit construction site to see different phases and methods of construction.
- Physical Demands
- Most work will be completed in an office setting sitting or standing for long periods with a lot of computer work will be expected.
- Occasionally there may be visits to construction sites that consist of may hazards and would require a high degree of attentions and caution.
- Job requires the ability to drive.
- It will be required to obtain ICC plan review certifications and continual education.
- Make special efforts to promote good will in the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
$40k – $60k annual
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment