West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
Senior Plans Examiner is an experienced level plan reviewer position. Will be responsible for reviewing plans and other construction documents involving single family, multi-family, and commercial construction to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and ordinances. Will be asked to complete reviews of complex projects and in-depth evaluations of all trades (MEP). Will prepare comment letters and communicate deficiencies to design teams and jurisdictions. May prepare valuations for permit fees. This position is looking to be filled from either of our Layton or Sandy Regional Offices in Utah.
- Must meet all the minimum qualifications of a Plans Examiner III plus meet the following…
- Must possess a minimum of six (6) ICC plan review certifications.
- Must have at least 7-years of experience doing plan reviews. Plan review experience must include extensive experience in both residential and commercial reviews.
- Must be capable of reviewing all aspects of construction including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), and accessibility.
- Plan Review
- Performs complete and timely plan reviews of both simple and complex residential and commercial projects.
- Preforms reviews of construction documents to determine compliance with building codes and some local regulations.
- Writes letters of deficiencies referencing the pertaining code from code books.
- Often communicates with project owners and design teams about deficiencies and solutions.
- Must keep accurate records and logs of plan review status and completion of projects.
- May occasionally visit construction sites to see different phases and methods of construction.
- Provide feedback on the growth and development of plan review and intake staff.
- Make special efforts to promote good will in the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands
- Most work will be completed in an office setting sitting or standing for long periods with a lot of computer work will be expected.
- Occasionally there may be visits to construction sites that consist of may hazards and would require a high degree of attentions and caution.
- Job requires the ability to drive.
$60k – $80k annual
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment