West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC-3) is currently seeking a qualified Permit Technician with experience in the building industry. A Permit Technician has the primary role of intaking construction documents for review. As such, they are responsible for checking initial submissions for completeness, logging in the projects, and assigning plan review staff. As a Permit Technician, you will receive direction from the Supervising Permit Technician or the Plan Review Supervisor. Candidates will be responsible to over-seeing that projects are reviewed and returned on schedule and maintaining updated contact information with all clients. Other duties include providing general office support and serving as the liaison between clients and plan review staff.
This position will operate from our Layton Regional Office in Utah.
- Office environment experience
- Must work to achieve ICC permit technician certification through on the job training within the first 6 months
- Provide general office support.
- Process incoming projects. This includes verifying that all required information has been provided and assigning the reviews to plan review staff.
- Track active projects and follow-up with reviewers as necessary to ensure that deadlines are achieved.
- Send out approved projects. This includes stamping the approved documents, creating a transmittal letter and shipping the documents back to the client.
- Update all project information on the Portal and WC3 servers.
- Maintain and organize the hard copy plan storage as well as files on the server as needed.
- Answer phone calls and direct individuals to the proper staff members. Retrieve voicemail.
- Communicate in a professional manner with clients, design professionals and WC3 staff.
- Maintain employee sign in sheets. This information should be maintained on a spreadsheet for use by the Regional Office Manager.
- Create and revise office forms as needed.
- Keep staff meeting minutes if requested.
- Review letters and correspondence as requested.
- Retrieve and process mail.
- Help maintain office surroundings (i.e. water plants, dust, organize, etc.)
- Respond to client questions regarding project status.
- Update employee phone list.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
$18 -$28 an hour
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment