West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC3) is currently seeking a highly qualified, client-focused Building Plans Examiner / Inspector to join our team in Lynnwood, WA. This position offers great opportunity for a dynamic self-starter to work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our professional team that is responsible for ascertaining structural soundness, safety and compliance for buildings and construction projects across WC3’s jurisdictional client base in the surrounding region. Candidates will be responsible for reviewing plans and other construction documents, as well as performing as-needed inspections in the field, involving single family, multi-family, and commercial construction to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and ordinances. You’ll work on exciting projects of all types and complexities, performing in-depth evaluations of all trades and disciplines.
This is an open position, available to be filled in our Lynnwood Regional Office in Washington. Compensation for relocation is available.
- Examine and review construction plans for residential and commercial structures to verify compliance with all applicable building, plumbing, mechanical, accessible and energy codes. Examines structures and plans to determine compliance with building codes for state and local codes and ordinances.
- Prepare and write comment letters to communicate deficiencies referencing applicable code sections. Communicate with project owners and design teams members as needed to resolve outstanding items.
- Visit construction sites to provide periodic inspection of foundations, framing, plumbing, mechanical, energy conservation, and accessible elements for compliance with applicable regulations and the approved plans, and permit documents.
- Answer questions by email, telephone, or in the field regarding: code requirements for construction, structural, life safety, mechanical, plumbing, energy, accessible and other construction related questions.
- Operate computer equipment and software to perform plan reviews, generate comment letters, maintain inspection records and notices.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in construction codes, materials, and techniques.
- Use principles of good customer service, establish, and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with co-workers and jurisdictional clients, including client employees, applicants, contractors, and design teams.
- Keep accurate records including timecards, millage, project budgets, inspection logs, plan review files maintaining turnaround times lines and status.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to being assigned to work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, equalize peak work periods, or balance the workload.
- Physical demands include working in an office setting, sitting, or standing for long periods with computers. Visits to construction sites may consist of hazards, requiring a high degree of attention and caution. Waking on uneven ground, crouching, crawling climbing, performing job duties in all kinds of weather, following safety protocals.
- Report for scheduled work with regular, reliable, and punctual attendance.
- Job requires the ability to drive.
- Desired qualifications for this position include possession of a Residential Building Inspector, Commercial Building Inspector, Residential Plans Examiner and Building Plans Examiner certification from International Code Council (ICC) or equivalent. Must have an ability to acquire additional certifications.
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience performing plan reviews or inspections. Plan review and or inspection experience must include experience in both residential and commercial reviews.
- Proficient regulatory knowledge in all aspects of construction including building structural and life safety, energy conservation, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), and accessibility.
- Specialized training or experience in the building construction trades, building technology industry, building inspection, engineering, architecture, or construction management related field desirable.
- Specific experience as a building inspector or plans examiner in a public agency desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic media and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient blueprint reading and Bluebeam Revu software.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving history.
$83k -$100k Depends Upon Experience
By joining our team at WC3, you can take advantage of our amazing benefits!
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC3) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.