West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) is currently seeking qualified candidate(s) to fulfill the position of Plans Examiner I or II to join our team in the Building Safety division. We are seeking a motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and a desire to serve the needs of jurisdictional clients. Candidates will be responsible for reviewing plans and other construction documents involving single-family, multi-family, and minor commercial construction to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and ordinances. Candidates will also prepare comment letters and communicate deficiencies to applicants, design teams, and jurisdictions. It is expected that continual training will take place and highly encouraged for candidates to continue receiving International Code Council (ICC) certifications.
This position is looking to be filled from either our Layton Regional Office or Sandy Regional Office in Utah.
- Must be able to read plans and associated project construction documents.
- Performs complete and timely plan reviews of both simple and complex residential and commercial projects to determine compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Assembles letters of deficiencies referencing the pertaining code from ICC code books.
- Communicate with jurisdictions, project owners, and/or design teams about deficiencies and solutions while fostering and maintaining professional relations at all times.
- Answers questions for design professionals, contractors, and the public regarding building codes, permitting processes, and general procedures.
- Keeps accurate records and logs of plan review status and completion of projects.
- Consistently takes responsibility for ensuring processes remain timely within the established expectations for turnaround and client service.
- Most work will be completed at a computer, sitting, or standing for periods of time.
- May occasionally visit construction sites to see different phases and methods of construction. Visits may consist of hazards and require a high degree of attention or caution.
- Make special efforts to promote goodwill in the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Plan review experience is not required but preferred.
- It is highly encouraged to obtain ICC plan review certifications and continual education.
- Must have a 4-year degree in a construction-related field or an equal number of years of construction work experience with a basic knowledge of construction methods.
- Basic knowledge of electronics, Microsoft Office Suite, and Bluebeam software is preferred.
- Must possess proficient writing skills.
- $40K – $65K / Annually, depending upon experience.
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.