West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) is currently seeking an experienced Civil or Structural Engineer to perform plan review services on behalf of company’s jurisdictional clients. Candidates will be responsible for reviewing drawings, calculations, soils reports, and other construction documents involving single-family, multi-family, and commercial construction to ensure compliance with the applicable building codes and referenced design standards. It is expected that continual training will take place and individuals will be encouraged to obtain plan review certifications through the International Code Council (ICC).
This is not a “remote work” position and will be located at our regional office in Lynnwood, Washington. Compensation for relocation expenses is available. This position will remain open until filled.
- State of Washington Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer licensure is preferred.
- Having passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam is required.
- 5+ years of structural design of plan review experience is preferred.
- International Code Council (ICC) plan review certifications are a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Review of building plans and other construction documents to determine compliance with the structural requirements of the building code.
- Write letters of deficiencies to permit applicants in a detailed and efficient manner.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with jurisdictional clients, permit applicants, contractors, and project to help the project move forward in a positive direction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
$86k – $117k annually / depends on experience
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.