West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
This part-time, on-call position offers a great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. As a member of our highly respected Building Safety team, you’ll enjoy a full complement of resources to support you with exciting projects to keep you challenged. This position performs inspections for electrical and/or mechanical components of commercial and residential buildings to ensure compliance with National Electrical Code; International mechanical Code; State Energy Codes; and other applicable Washington state laws. Project assignments and client needs may be modified as client needs change. Duties may include managing specific projects related to these types of disciplines for code compliance, local travel is required for inspections and/or managing projects in an assigned area. The position provides service in the field and office space as needed to provide inspections and recordkeeping of inspection results. Candidates will operate will be based out of our Lynnwood, Washington Regional Office.
- Must be a certified commercial (EL01) journey level electrician with Washington State Department of Labor and Industries with four (4) years of journey level experience.
- 4 years of experience must include installing and maintaining electrical systems in commercial, industrial and residential facilities.
- Extensive code knowledge, understanding how and when the National Electrical Code, RCW 19.28, and WAC 296-46B apply to all commercial, industrial and residential electrical installations and the calculation of loads in those installations; ability to recognize hazardous installations and locations.
- Familiarity with Washington State Building Codes is desired.
- Possess and maintain a valid and active WA State Master Journey level (ME01) electrician certificate is desired.
- Preferred 4 years of directly related experience in municipal or state inspections.
- ICC Certification – ICC Commercial Electrical Inspector a plus.
- Excellent time management, organization, written communication, and attention to detail.
- Driver’s license, insurance, and good driving record a must.
Competent use of computers, word processing, PDF viewing software a must.
- Bluebeam experience a plus.
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
- Read plans and specifications to prepare for inspection. Perform site inspection of commercial, multifamily, and single-family buildings as requested, using the approved plans and most current state adopted and municipal codes and ordinances. Record keeping and drafting of correction reports as needed.
- Preparation of correction reports according to industry standards; meet and confer with the clients as needed to clarify inspection corrections.
- Local travel to jurisdictions and/or inspection sites on an as-needed basis to support building department staff.
- Physically able to walk, crawl, climb, sit, and provide inspections in various weather conditions.
- Maintain safety at construction sites having rough grading or noisy terrain.
- Licensed driver with good driving record.
$40 – $45 hourly rate, depends on experience
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.