West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) is currently seeking qualified candidate(s) to review plans and other construction documents involving single-family, multi-family, and commercial construction to ensure compliance with applicable building codes and ordinances. Candidates will be asked to complete reviews of complex projects and in-depth evaluations of all trades (MEP). Will prepare comment letters and communicate deficiencies to design teams and jurisdictions. May prepare valuations for permit fees. It is expected that continual training will take place and individuals will be encouraged to obtain plan review certifications through the International Code Council (ICC).
This position is looking to be filled remotely or with a hybrid work schedule and reporting to management operating from the Oceanside Regional Office.
- Must be able to read plans and associated project construction documents.
- Performs complete and timely plan reviews of both simple and complex residential and commercial projects to determine compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Assembles letters of deficiencies referencing the pertaining code from ICC code books.
- Communicate with jurisdictions, project owners, and/or design teams about deficiencies and solutions while always fostering and maintaining professional relations.
- Answers questions for design professionals, contractors, and the public regarding building codes, permitting processes, and general procedures.
- Keeps accurate records and logs of plan review status and completion of projects.
- Consistently takes responsibility for ensuring processes remain timely within the established expectations for turnaround and client service.
- Most work will be completed at a computer, sitting, or standing for periods of time.
- May occasionally visit construction sites to see different phases and methods of construction. Visits may consist of hazards and require a high degree of attention or caution.
- Make special efforts to promote goodwill in the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Those having a state-issued Professional Civil (PE) or Structural Engineering (SE) license have preference.
- Must have at minimum five (5) years of commercial or residential plan review, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a 4-year degree in a construction-related field or an equal number of years of construction work experience with a basic knowledge of construction methods.
- Must have ICC Plans Examiner certification. Having additional ICC certifications is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electronics, Microsoft Office Suite, and Bluebeam software is preferred.
- Must possess proficient writing skills.
- $86K – $117K, Annually, Depending on Experience
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.