Website West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the position of Permit Technician. A Permit Technician has the primary role of intaking construction documents for review. As such, they are responsible for checking initial submissions for completeness, logging in the projects, and assigning plan review staff to each project. This position receives direction from the Plan Review Manager or Permit Technician Supervisor and is responsible for overseeing that projects are reviewed and returned on schedule to benefit the jurisdictional client. Other duties include maintaining updated contact information with all clients or applicants, providing general office support, and serving as the liaison between clients/applicants and plan review staff.
This position will train and be primarily stationed in our San Ramon Corporate Office with an expectation for availability to operate in-house for temporary assignments with jurisdictional clients as requested.
- Provide general office support.
- Process incoming projects. Verifying all required information and assigning projects to plan review staff.
- Track active projects and follow up with reviewers as necessary to ensure that deadlines are achieved.
- Send out approved projects. Stamping approvals, creating transmittal letters, and shipping documents back to the client.
- Update all project information on the Portal and WC-3 servers.
- Maintain and organize the hard copy plan storage as well as files on the server as needed.
- Answer phone calls and direct individuals to the proper staff members. Retrieve voicemail.
- Communicate in a professional manner with clients, design professionals, and WC-3 staff.
- Create and revise office forms as needed.
- Keep staff meeting minutes if requested.
- Review letters and correspondence as requested.
- Retrieve and process mail.
- Help maintain and organize office surroundings
- Respond to client questions regarding project status.
- Update employee phone list and contact information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred – Comply with the minimum requirements of the Permit Technician I or II International Code Council (ICC) certifications.
- Willingness to obtain the ICC Permit Technician certification(s) if not already achieved.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a permit technician or in a similar customer service position.
- $25 – $33 / Hour, Depending on Experience
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC³) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.