West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC-3) is currently seeking a qualified Senior Building Inspector with a minimum of five years’ experience in performing field inspections of residential, commercial and/or industrial construction projects to ensure compliance with adopted building codes and construction standards in California. Candidates must be comfortable in all aspects of construction and may serve as the lead inspector for larger commercial projects. Candidates will be required to write inspection reports for field inspection as well as communicating with city building departments and with the public.
Perfect for retired inspectors looking to pick up extra activity, this is a short-term position with an option to extend as work is available. Candidates will report to, and receive support from, management based in our South San Francisco Regional Office while operating in-house with a jurisdictional client, beginning January of 2023.
- Perform all necessary duties of a Certified Building Inspector to determine code compliance adopted by various jurisdictions.
- Year-round field Inspection work on both private and prevailing wage projects.
- Perform evaluations of complex buildings, multi-family dwellings, schools, and structures at various stages of construction for compliance with approved plans, specifications, jurisdictional codes, ordinances, and other regulations.
- Comprehensive code knowledge required to inspect architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing aspects of construction.
- Ability to read plans and other construction documents. Be able to navigate code books. May be asked to help with reviewing construction plans for code compliance.
- Write inspection reports, both paper copies and electronically with laptops and tablets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public (homeowners, property owners, engineers, architects, etc.) to answer questions that may arise and communicate deficiencies. with owners and builders.
- Communicate with permit techs, other inspectors, and building officials for jurisdictions. Need to be adaptable to jurisdiction requirements of reporting and communicating.
- Position may require physical exertion during on-site inspections such walking, sitting, standing and ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds. Most work will be performed outdoors in the elements. Must be able to lift, climb, jump, crawl.
- Make special efforts to promote good will in the office and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Job requires the ability to drive.
- Obtain and update state and local licenses and certifications as needed.
- Preferred – At least eight (8) ICC certifications and be a certified combination inspector for both commercial and residential in Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical disciplines.
- Preferred – A minimum of five (5) years of experience performing building inspections. (Certifications may be substituted for relevant experience.)
- Continual, on-going training and additional achievement of ICC certifications is expected to take place.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Competitive Salary
- Depends on Experience
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% Employer Matching
- Discretionary 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Discretionary Bonus Program
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Full-Day Paid Holidays
- 2 Half-Day Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules when Feasible
- Business Casual Dress Environment