West Coast Code Consultants, Inc.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC-3) is currently seeking a qualified Senior Energy/Building inspector with a minimum of five years’ experience in performing field inspections of industrial construction projects to ensure compliance with adopted building codes and construction standards throughout Southern California. Candidates must be comfortable in all aspects of construction and may serve as the lead inspector for larger commercial and/or industrial projects. Candidates will be required to write inspection reports for field inspection as well as communicating with jobsite superintendents. This position is ideal for someone in the building safety industry that recently retired or is looking for part-time work. Candidates will be performing no more than two (2) inspections per week with all travel paid for. Candidates will be paid prevailing wages in accordance with California Department of Industrial Relations.
- Perform all necessary duties of a Certified Building Inspector to determine code compliance with State of California adopted codes.
- Year-round field Inspection work on various prevailing wage projects of all scopes and sizes.
- Perform evaluations of complex buildings, structures, and industrial-type projects at various stages of construction for compliance with approved plans, specifications, jurisdictional codes, ordinances, and other regulations.
- Comprehensive code knowledge required to inspect architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing aspects of construction.
- Ability to read plans and other construction documents. Be able to navigate code books. May be asked to help with reviewing construction plans for code compliance.
- Write inspection reports electronically with laptops or tablets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project owners, engineers, architects, etc., to answer questions that may arise and communicate deficiencies.
- Communicate with permit techs, other inspectors, and building officials for jurisdiction(s). Need to be adaptable to jurisdiction requirements of reporting and communicating.
- Position may require physical exertion during on-site inspections such walking, sitting, standing and ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds. Most work will be performed outdoors in the elements. Must be able to lift, climb, jump, crawl.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Job requires the ability to drive.
- Obtain and update state and local licenses and certifications as needed.
- Preferred – Combination inspector certification or equivalent.
- Preferred – A minimum of 5 years of experience performing building inspections. (Certifications may be substituted for relevant experience.)
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Competitive salary with Prevailing Wages paid for inspection work.
West Coast Code Consultants, Inc. (WC-3) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.